Prof. dr. H.R. Büller
Harry R. Buller, professor of Vascular Medicine at the Academic Medical center in Amsterdam has devoted his last 35 years of research in improving the diagnosis , prevention, treatment and the etiology of venous thromboembolic disease. He has published in excess of 600 papers and supported more than 50 PhD theses.
His current research projects include
- treatment of cancer associated VTE with edoxaban (Hokusai VTE-cancer-study)
- predicting VTE in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- assessing the clinical significance of unsuspected VTE
- improving the diagnosis of PE with decision rules and age adjusted D-dimer
- heparin or no heparin for initial treatment of VTE